Business Presentations provides dialogue, commentary, and tips to become a powerful presenter and leader.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Work the Room

Do you stand frozen behind a podium or do you look like a duck in a shooting gallery, pacing back and forth? There's no reason you have to stay in one place. Get out and move!

But first, you need to know how to work the room. Stop distracting your audience - move with purpose.

Watch this video and learn to take control of the room:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post

You are right, presenters can definitely benefit by using more movement to hold the attention of their audience. In addition, they will convey more dynamism and charisma. I always tell my clients that they need to develop a vocabulary of gestures. They are both an effective and efficient way to communicate.

Anonymous said...

I'm giving a presentation for a job interview tomorrow - have just spent a couple of hours on YouTube picking up skills and pointers from so called experts.

Diane DiResta is in a league of her own.

Anonymous said...

Diane, I got the job!